Sunday, April 29, 2012

He is Our Refuge and Our Dwelling Place.

"Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample under your feet.
[and now the LORD speaks] "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My name. he shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."   (Psalms 91:9-16 NKJV)

The world seeks after happiness and longs for peace and safety, yet they don't find it. Why? Because they seek their own and what they think will make them happy. But the truth is you will never be happy or satisfied when you are selfish and try to make yourself happy above others. When you have over 6 billion people seeking their own happiness and what they want then there is bound to be conflict. When ones persons wants and desires does not line up with the next persons then you have a fight, maybe harsh words, maybe a physical fight. What about when one nations wants and desires does not line up with the next? Then you get fights, wars breakout.
When you make the LORD your refuge and the one desire of your heart, no evil, it says, shall befall you or a plague (sickness). It is how God set it up that when you make the first commandment first in your life automatically the second falls right into place, and your will start loving your neighbor as you have loved yourself and instead of always wanting your way, you make place for others wants and desires above your own.
When we put the LORD first in your life your shall tread on lions and serpents and shall trample them under your feet! Amazing, that God would protect us from the evils of the world if we just put Him first in our life!

We set our love upon Him, and then our Father and bridegroom shall set us on high and when we call He shall answer us! And not matter what we go through He will never leave us not matter what we feel.

Honor us? Wow, that God would love us so much but then He says He will honor us, Wow!
Long life will we be blessed with and that He will show us His salvation.

May the LORD God bless you all and keep you in safety, may He make His face shine upon you, and give you the peace that passes all human reasoning!

--Benjamin

4 comments:

  1. Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

    1 Timothy 2:1-4

    “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

    “He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

    “If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

    “God has made us for Himself, and our hearts can never know rest and perfect satisfaction until they find it in Him.”
    ― Hannah Hurnard

    “It makes me boil when I think of the power we profess and the utter impotency of our action. Believers who know one-tenth as much as we do are doing one-hundred times more for God, with His blessing and our criticism. Oh if I could write it, preach it, say it, paint it, anything at all, if only God's power would become known among us.”
    ― Jim Elliot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew 7:7-11 (NKJV)

    7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

    What encouragement! God delights to give us good gifts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benjamin, are you still sending out emails to the other prayer warriors? Could you possible post them on the blog; maybe deleting them every time you post a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the grace of God I am saved today,
    I will walk by faith in the narrow way;
    I will trust His grace to preserve my soul,
    I will rest secure while the billows roll.

    Refrain:
    By the grace of God I will live for Him,
    I will trust His power to keep from sin;
    I will never doubt, but resist the foe,
    I will grow in grace as I onward go.

    By the grace of God I will never yield
    To the tempter’s pow’r, but with sword and shield
    I’ll defeat the foe with an ardor strong,
    In the name of Christ sing the victor’s song.

    By the grace of God I will testify;
    I will watch and pray as the moments fly,
    I will live for Him in despite of all,
    I will hear and heed the Redeemer’s call.

    By the grace of God I will never fear:
    What can harm my soul when the Lord is near?
    If I keep low down in humility,
    If I walk by faith, He’ll abide with me.

    By the grace of God I will keep my eyes
    On the Lord alone and the promised prize,
    I will bear all things in His precious name,
    I will trust His grace and His promise claim.

    Barney E. Warren

    ReplyDelete